Come to our meeting this evening – Tuesday 17 November 2015, 7:30pm at the Stockwell Community Centre, Studley Road, Stockwell SW4. Everyone welcome!
We have a packed agenda including
- Proposed changes to Clapham Common – as part of the Quietways programme Lambeth and Transport for London have proposed various changes to make Clapham Common more cycle friendly. We will be finalising our response to the consultation ready for submission by 19 November 2015. We encourage everyone who cycles around and across the Common to respond – details on our website: Lambeth Cyclists draft response to Clapham Common Quietway consultation
- Westminster Bridge and Southern approach proposals – TfL have proposed changes to make Westminster Bridge and the Southern approach near to County Hall better for cyclists: we will discuss our initial thoughts and the response – see Tfl pledges to make space for cycling and space for people on Westminster Bridge
- Neighbourhood Enhancement Programme – Lambeth are continuing the NEP in Streatham Wells, Streatham South, St Leonards and Thornton wards – this is an opportunity to make small-scale improvements to the local area including making it more cycle friendly – see Lambeth- Our Streets – The Neighbourhood Enhancement Programme
- Round up of current schemes – Cycle Superhighway 5, Kennington Junctions, Loughborough Junction road closure – find out about the next steps/ feedback on your experiences of these schemes
- Proposals – the latest on the Estreham Road and New Park Road proposals as well as changes at the council which could impact on cycling
- Future activities – we will shortly be putting together the programme for next year – rides, meetings, campaigns etc – come and give us your thoughts on what our priorities should be including whether we should set up a Living Streets group to run in parallel, how best to influence ‘significant’ local people and what we should be doing to help the Council make the borough more cycle-friendly
- Our next ride – We have our latest ride looking at the London cityscape on 28 November 2015 when we will be looking at buildings connected with the criminal justice system around London – so courts, Police stations and other interesting architecture – further details on our website shortly.
- Lambeth Christmas lights ride – Lambeth are running a ride around some of London’s Christmas lights on 13 December 2015 departing from Clapham at 4pm and again at 7, further information on the Lambeth website: Lambeth lights ride
The meeting takes place on Tuesday 17 November 2015 7:30-9pm at the Stockwell Community Centre, 1 Studley Road, Stockwell SW4 (behind Stockwell tube station: lots of cycle parking available)
We hope to see you there!