Over the next few weeks the Metropolitan Police Cycle Task Force will be holding a series of events for cyclists to register and ‘tag’ their bikes so that if they are stolen and found they can be reunited with the owners.
|Metropolitan Police photo|
The Police advise Registering your bike helps police and retailers identify and verify the legitimate owner of bikes that have been stolen or are being resold. Security marking your bike deters potential thieves as your bike can be easily traced if it is stolen.
The cycle tagging starts tonight – come along from 4-7pm to the stall outside Clapham Common tube station, SW4.
Other tagging events will take place in January and February at various locations around London:
- 17th January 2013 – 4-7pm – Clapham Common Undergound Station (Southside), SW4
- 18th January 2013 – 2-5pm – Blenheim Shopping Centre, Penge High Street, SE20
- 19th January 2013 – 2-4pm – Dalston Square E8 3BQ
- 22nd January 2013 – 4.30-6.30pm – East Finchley Underground Station, N2
- 23rd January 2013 – 9-12pm – Edgware Community Hospital Burnt Oak Broadway HA8 0AD
- 24th January 2013 – 7.45 – 10am – Clapham Common Undergound Station (Southside), SW4
- 29th January 2013 – 10-1pm – Wickes, 850 High Road, Chadwell Heath, RM6 4HX
- 31st January 2013 – 4-7pm – Outside ‘Evans Cycles’ London Bridge, junction Tooley Street
- 7th February 2013 – 7.45-10am – Outside ‘Evans Cycles’ London Bridge, junction Tooley Street
- 14th February 2013 – 4-7pm – Seven Sisters Road, junction with Green Lanes N4
- 14th February 2013 – 3-5.30 – Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, W6
- 15th February 2013 – 4-6.30 – Wimbledon British Rail Station, SW19
- 20th February 2013 – 10-2pm – Royal Brompton Hospital, Kings Road, SW3
- 21st February 2013 – 7.45-10am – Seven Sisters Road, junction with Green Lanes N4
- 26th February 2013 – 7.30-10.30am – Cable Street junction with Cannon Street, E1